Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hey! Where's My Head????

          Here's a look at my latest cardboard sculpture. He's not quite finished yet because he's missing his noggin. Poor guy. I guess he will also need some colorful paint to make him more interesting. He resembles a toy because well...I just love toys. I always enjoyed playing with toys as a child so I decided my art would represent toy-like characters. He even has some fun articulation at the shoulders and elbows.
          You will find that a lot of my adult art is character focused. I have always wanted to create my own toy line so I decided to do it one character at a time. In the past, I was intimidated by drawing faces so I always avoided them. All of my earlier art that contained people contained no faces. I think that practice was alright for then but now I am having fun playing with facial expressions. I find that good facial expressions bring out a lot of personality and who doesn't like personality. Am I right ladies?


No comments:

Post a Comment